Here at David & Associates, we definitely believe that your oral health affects your emotional health. Here are five ways that having a beautiful smile that you feel comfortable sharing with the world will increase your confidence:
- Smiling activates muscles that trigger the release of endorphins – those feel good hormones that make you feel happy.
- We are each other’s mirrors. What you project out to others will be reflected back to you. Smiling at someone will make that person feel good and in turn you will feel better about yourself.
- Smiling more will make you feel more confident in your appearance. People perceive a smiling face as more youthful and attractive.
- When you smile, people treat you as being more confident, trustworthy, and successful. This will in turn, help you believe in yourself.
- It is not uncommon to feel a little shy in certain social situations. For those of us who are introverted, that can certainly be the case at times. A little smiling goes a long way to make you feel relaxed and appear more approachable to others.
We hope we have convinced you that it’s time to get that smile power! going. We look forward to serving you and helping you feel more confident in your smile today. Give us a call 904-268-0606 to make an appointment.
“Smile. Have you ever noticed how easily puppies make human friends? Yet all they do is wag their tails and fall over”. ~Walter Anderson, The Confidence Course, 1997